Buko Salad Recipe
March 23, 2021
Buko salad has got to be one of my favourite Filipino desserts. It’s very versatile… you can add as many or as little topping with the buko as you like and it will still taste as delicious. It’s very easy to prepare as well, here’s how.
- 3-4 cups shredded young coconut (buko)
- 1 jar coconut gel (nata de coco), drained
- 2 cans of fruit cocktail
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 ½ can all-purpose cream
- Optional ingredients:
- A jar of sugar palm fruit (kaong), drained
- 100gms. Raisins
- Pineapple slices
- In a strainer, drain the fruits and jar ingredients thoroughly for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the buko and the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.